- Clinical Practice:
- Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia, Depression, Psychiatry Services - Adult
- Associate Professor of Psychiatric Medicine
I was born in rural, northern India and attended school in a small town. I traveled with my parents and spent some time in northern Africa as my father, a physician, taught all over the world. I returned to India for medical school and practiced family medicine for a few years. I moved to the U.S. with my husband and completed my residency in psychiatric medicine at UVA. After completing my residency and fellowship at UVA, I joined the faculty in 2006.
My training is in psychiatric medicine with a specialty in geriatric psychiatry. I am the medical director for the inpatient unit, as well as the program director for the geriatric psychiatry fellowship program and serve on several departmental committees.
My husband and I just celebrated our 25th anniversary. We have two amazing daughters, one graduated and one attending UVA. We love traveling both internationally and locally. Outdoors is my place to be. Hiking, walking, following national discourse and involvement in interfaith activities keep me active.
- Government Medical College Srinagar, University of Kashmir, 1989
- Psychiatric Medicine, University of Virginia
- Geriatric Psychiatry, University of Virginia