Neeral L Shah, MDPractice Area: Digestive Health, Hepatology, Liver Transplant Department: Medicine Division: Gastroenterology and Hepatology Title: Associate Professor AMBS Certification: Internal Medicine; Gastroenterology; Transplant Hepatology
Contact InformationPrimary Location:
Digestive Health Center 1215 Lee St. Charlottesville, VA 22908 Phone: 434.243.3090 | Fax: 434.244.7586 Other Locations:
Dr. Shah grew up in Rochester, NY. He attended Cornell University and graduated cum laude with degrees in Chemical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering. Then he entered medical school at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Dr. Shah’s specialty is transplant hepatology. He completed a transplant hepatology fellowship at University of Virginia and stayed on faculty starting in 2009. He is the associate program director of the internal medicine residency and of the transplant hepatology fellowship. He is also very involved at the medical school and is the co-chair of the pre-clerkship curriculum for the first two years of medical school. Finally, he is the course director for the annual UVA GI/Hepatology conference.
- Herbert S. Waxman Award for Outstanding Medical Educator - American College of Physicians, National Chapter, 2014
- Harvard Macy Institute - Educational Program for Health Professionals, 2014
- UVA School of Medicine - Teaching Excellence and Professionalism Award, 2013
- Academy of Educators, American Gastroenterological Associates, 2013
- Academy of Distinguished Educators, University of Virginia, 2012
- Dean's Teaching Excellence award, UVA School of Medicine, 2012
- Fellow, American College of Physicians (FACP), 2012