- ABMS Certification:
- Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology; Hematology
- Research Interests:
Clinical trial participation
- Clinical Practice:
- Anemia, Bone Cancer, Lung Cancer, Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, Pancreatic Cancer, Rectal Cancer, Skin Cancer, Chondrosarcoma, Hodgkin Lymphoma, Chordoma, Leukemia, Sarcoma (Soft Tissue Tumors), Blood Disorders, Head and Neck Cancer
- Assistant Professor
Dr. Nicholas W. Paphitis graduated from University of Virginia School of Medicine in 2006. He completed residency and fellowship training at MUSC in Charleston, SC, and he is ABIM board-certified in internal medicine, hematology and medical oncology. Currently, he practices in Fishersville, VA, as part of UVA Community Cancer Care within the Division of Hematology & Oncology. He is an assistant professor of medicine and is also affiliated with Augusta Health and Martha Jefferson hospitals.
Dr. Paphitis has excellent bedside manner and welcomes the opportunity to treat patients with hematologic or cancer-related diagnoses. As part of UVA Cancer Center, he regularly collaborates with surgeons, transplanters and many other vital members of the cancer treatment team. In addition, patients can consider treatment as part of a UVA or national clinical trial, when appropriate and available.
He lives in Crozet, VA with his wife and two daughters. He loves spending time at home with his family and also enjoys travel, sports, music and outdoor activities.
- University of Virginia School of Medicine, 2006
- Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) Internal Medicine
- Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) Hematology Oncology