Nicolas Intagliata, MD
- ABMS Certification:
- Internal Medicine; Gastroenterology
- Research Interests:
Coagulopathy of liver disease, thrombosis in liver disease, infectious complications of liver disease, outcomes in liver transplantation
- Clinical Practice:
- Ascites, Liver Cancer, Esophageal Varices, Hemochromatosis, Hepatic Encephalopathy, Abdominal Paracentesis, Cirrhosis, Liver Biopsy, Upper GI Endoscopy, Gastrointestinal Cancer, Endoscopy, Liver Transplant, Liver Care
- Assistant Professor
Dr. Nicolas Intagliata treats patients with liver disease in both inpatient and outpatient settings. He is an assistant professor of medicine in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology and is board-certified in internal medicine, gastroenterology and transplant hepatology.
Dr. Intagliata grew up in Denver, attending the University of Colorado for his undergraduate studies. He earned his medical degree from Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, N.C., and then came to the University of Virginia to complete a residency in internal medicine and two fellowships — one in gastroenterology and hepatology and the other in transplant hepatology. He joined the UVA faculty in 2014.
His wife, Valentina Intagliata, is also a University of Virginia faculty member, specializing in developmental pediatrics. They have two boys. Dr. Intagliata enjoys running and reading fiction.
- 2019-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- Wake Forest School of Medicine, 2007
- University of Virginia, Internal Medicine
- University of Virginia, Gastroenterology University of Virginia, Transplant Hepatology