Nicole Deal, MDPractice Area: Orthopedics, Hand Center Department: Orthopaedic Surgery Division: General Orthopaedic Surgery, Hand and Upper Extremity Disorders Title: Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery ABMS Certification: Orthopaedic Surgery, Surgery of the Hand
Contact InformationP.O. Box 800159 Charlottesville, VA 22908-0159 Phone: 434.982.4263 | Fax: 434.924.0782 Other Locations:
Dr. D. Nicole Deal graduated from the University of Virginia and attended the Medical University of South Carolina where she completed her medical education. She then completed an NIH physician scientist postdoctoral fellowship before completing her orthopaedic surgery residency training in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Wake Forest University. Dr. Deal went on to complete fellowship training in hand and upper extremity surgery and microsurgery in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Wake Forest University. She returns to the University of Virginia to join the faculty of the hand center. Dr. Deal's areas of expertise include hand, wrist and elbow trauma and reconstruction. She also specializes in microsurgery and arthroscopy of the upper extremity. Her research interests include nerve healing, regeneration, and repair techniques. Dr. Deal has received numerous awards for her research and academic excellence.
Learn more about Dr. Nicole Deal (video).
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine ; Resident Research Award 2000
- Eastern Orthopaedic Association; Resident Research Award 2001
- North Carolina Orthopaedic Association; Resident Research Award 2001
- Wake Forest University Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Academic Excellence Award 2003
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery Clinician Scientist Development Program Attendee 2005