- ABMS Certification:
- Internal Medicine, 1989; Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 1993
- Research Interests:
Rehabilitation interventions/stroke outcome
- Clinical Practice:
- Associate Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Paul Diamond, MD, is the director of neurorehabilitation and an associate professor in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at UVA. He sees patients at UVA Hospital as well as UVA-Health South Rehabilitation Hospital.
Dr. Diamond attended Harvard University and the UVA School of Medicine. He trained in internal medicine and physical medicine and rehabilitation at Johns Hopkins University and the Sinai Rehabilitation Center. After completing his residencies, he joined UVA in 1992. In addition to his clinical and administrative roles, which have included directing the rehabilitation consultation service and the acute rehabilitation unit, he has held a variety of academic appointments including director of residency training for the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and vice-chair and interim chair of the department.
- 2015-2018 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Virginia, 1986
- Internal Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions; Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Johns Hopkins/Sinai Rehabilitation Center