- ABMS Certification:
- Research Interests:
Weight reduction surgery, obesity, diabetes
- Clinical Practice:
- Bile Duct Cancer, Colon Cancer, Liver Cancer, Bariatric Surgery Program, Fundoplication-Open Surgery, Small Intestine Cancer
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
I was born in Boston, MA, and grew up in Montgomery County, MD. I attended Emory University in Atlanta and returned home for medical school at Howard University. I received surgical training at Case Western Reserve in Cleveland, OH, from 1994 until 2001.
I was recruited to UVA in 2008. I am a board certified general surgeon with specialties in minimally invasive surgery and bariatric surgery. I serve as the director of the bariatric surgery program, as well as the medical director of the surgery clinic. Additionally, I am also the co-director of our minimally invasive surgery fellowship.
Outside of work, I like to spend time with my two daughters and wife. We enjoy the outdoors, friends, traveling and the beach.
- 2018 Best Bedside Manner Awards, OurHealth Charlottesville and Shenandoah Valley Magazine; First Place, Bariatric Medicine
- Howard University College of Medicine, 1994
- Case Western Reserve University