- ABMS Certification:
- Pediatric Medicine
- Clinical Practice:
- Pulmonary Hypertension in Newborns (PPHN), Neonatal Care (NICU)
- Associate Professor
Qin Yao, MD, is a pediatrician who specializes in neonatology or the care of newborns. In addition to her duties as a clinician at UVA, she is a committed educator and leader dedicated to shaping the future of family-centered pediatric care.
Prior to her arrival at UVA, Qin spent 18 years at Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital at Case Western Reserve University, first as a fellow in training then as a faculty member in the Department of Pediatrics. She most recently served as medical director of the NICU Transitional Care Nursery and step-down unit at Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital.
Qin was born in China, and she graduated from Tongji Medical University in Wuhan. She moved to the U.S. to complete residency training at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in Jersey City, New Jersey, prior to the fellowship at Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital.
- Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital Pearls Day Teaching Award, 2010
- 2016-2019 Best Doctors in America ® List
- Tongji Medical University
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine-Jersey City
- Case Western Reserve University-Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital