Quanjun Cui, MDPractice Area: Orthopedics Department: Orthopaedic Surgery Division: Joint Replacement and Adult Reconstructive Surgery Title: Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery AMBS Certification: American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Contact InformationPrimary Location:
UVA Musculoskeletal Center Medical Office Building 2 545 Ray C. Hunt Dr. Charlottesville, VA 22908 Phone: 434.243.1673 | Fax: 434.243.0242
Dr. Quanjun Cui is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon and specializes in adult reconstruction including: primary and revision total hip and total knee replacement, complex fractures and related complications, young arthritic hips and knees, avascular osteonecrosis (ischemic bone death), osteotomies including peri-acetabular (Ganz) osteotomy, surgical hip dislocations to treat femoro-acetabular impingement (FAI), and minimally invasive surgery for hip and knee joint replacement and fractures.
Dr. Cui received his medical degree from Henan Medical University with honors and then completed residency and fellowship training in adult reconstruction at University of Virginia. He also completed an AO trauma fellowship at University of Bern in Switzerland. Dr. Cui has written over seventy papers and book chapters on orthopedic surgery and related researches. He has received numerous academic and professional accolades, including the Hip Society Otto Aufranc Award in 1997.
Beyond Orthopaedics Dr. Cui enjoys playing golf and reading. He also loves spending time with his wife, two children and friends for outdoor activities.
Watch this video to learn more about Dr. Cui.
- 2015 Bedside Manner Award, Our Health Magazine; Second place
- 2015 Best Doctors in America® List
- 2012 Compassionate Doctor Award, American Registry
- 2012 The Best Podium Presentation Abstract Award, Virginia Orthopaedic Society 65th Annual Meeting
- 2009-2012 Patient's Choice Awards, American Registry
- 2009-2012 America's Top Orthopaedist, Consumer's Research Council of America
- 2011 Charles L. Brown Award, "Improving Outcomes of the Total Joint Arthoplasty Patient: Validating Safety and Enhancing Mobility" University of Virginia School of Medicine
- 2011 Dean's Award for Excellence in teaching, Introduction to Academy of Distinguished Educators, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- 2011 The Best Podium Presentation Abstract Award, Virginia Orthopaedic Society 64th Annual Meeting
- 2010 Dean's Award for Clinical Excellence, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- 2010 Patient Safety Team Award, University of Virginia Medical Center
- 2010 The Best Basic Science Poster Award Virginia Orthopaedic Society 63th Annual Meeting
- 2009 American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons/Orthopaedic Research Society Clinical Trial in Orthopaedics Research Symposium Young Investigator Award
- 2007 Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation (OREF) Zimmer Career Development Award
- 2003 Smith & Nephew Resident Research Award
- 2001 Best Resident Paper Award, University of Virginia Orthopaedic Alumni Association, the 4th Annual Meeting
- 1998 The Nicolas Andry Award, The Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons
- 1997 The William Harris Award. Orthopaedic Research Society
- 1997 The Otto E. Aufranc Award, The Hip Society