- ABMS Certification:
- Pediatrics, 1989, 1998; Neurodevelopmental Disabilities, 2002
- Research Interests:
Growth and nutrition in children with cerebral palsy|Assessment of growth and nutritional status in children with disabilities
- Clinical Practice:
- Cerebral Palsy- Pediatric, Developmental Disabilities- Pediatric, Pediatric Therapy & Rehab, Constraint-Induced Therapy
Division Head of Neurodevelopmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
Richard Stevenson, MD, completed his pediatric residency at the University of Virginia and joined the UVA faculty in 1989 following fellowship training in Developmental Pediatrics at the University of Iowa. He is board-certified in neurodevelopmental disabilities and is an active clinician, teacher and clinical investigator.
He is a leader in several multi-center studies related to the care of children with cerebral palsy. Dr. Stevenson is the coordinator of the UVA Children’s Hospital Costa Rica exchange, was recently appointed Chair of the Institutional Review Board for Health Sciences Research at UVA. He currently serves on the Executive Committee of the American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine as past president.
- 2015-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Virginia, 1984
- Pediatrics, University of Virginia
- Developmental Pediatrics, University of Iowa