- ABMS Certification:
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Research Interests:
Research interests include outcomes studies, biomechanical testing, and comparison of techniques in the field of orthopaedic trauma. Specific topics that are under investigation at this time include: prevention of infection in open fractures, fixation techniques for ankle syndesmosis injuries, X-ray imaging techniques in the lower extremity, and evaluation of treatment trends in orthopaedic trauma.
- Clinical Practice:
- Ankle Fracture, Elbow Fracture, Foot Fracture, Forearm Fracture, Hip Fracture, Shinbone Fracture, Toe Fracture, Patella Fracture (Broken Kneecap), Floating Shoulder, Hip Dislocation, Navicular Fracture, Pelvic Fracture, Achilles Tendon Rupture, Clavicle Fracture (Broken Collarbone), Trauma and Emergency Surgery, Femoral (Thigh Bone) Fracture, Fracture, Orthopedic Trauma
- Assistant Professor
Seth R. Yarboro, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in treating patients with injury to the bones, joints and soft tissues, using traditional, minimally invasive and computer-assisted surgical techniques. He sees patients at UVA Musculoskeletal Center.
Yarboro attended medical school at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he also completed his orthopedic residency training. Yarboro completed multiple fellowships, including one in orthopedic trauma surgery at UNC Hospital; an AOTrauma Fellowship (training specifically focused on the treatment of fractures) in Hannover, Germany; and a final fellowship in orthopedic trauma and computer-assisted surgery in Ulm, Germany.
At UVA, Yarboro is an active researcher with a variety of interests, including infection prevention, ankle ligament injury, advanced imaging and other trends in orthopedic trauma surgery. He has contributed to multiple peer-reviewed publications and book chapters, and presents regularly to students and orthopedic surgeons and specialists at conferences across the country.
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill 2007
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (Orthopaedic)
- University of North Carolina Hospitals;Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery (2013) AO Trauma Fellowship Hannover, Germany (2013) Fellowship Orthopaedic Trauma and Computer Assisted Surgery Ulm, Germany (2013)