Sue A Brown, MD
- Endocrinology and Metabolism
- ABMS Certification:
- Internal Medicine; Endocrinology
- Research Interests:
Osteoporosis, Type 1 Diabetes
- Clinical Practice:
- Type 1 Diabetes, Osteoporosis, Artificial Pancreas, Insulin Pump
- Associate Professor
Sue Brown, MD, (pronouns: she/her) is an adult endocrinologist with clinical expertise in osteoporosis as well as the treatment and management of type 1 diabetes. Dr. Brown is a member of the UVA Center for Diabetes technology in which she works closely with engineers and clinical researchers to translate technology to treatment options for diabetes. Dr. Brown runs clinical trials on automated insulin delivery treatment options using insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitors. In addition, Dr. Brown teaches endocrine management to medical students, residents and fellows within the UVA academic center, as well as, has a clinical practice at UVA.
Dr. Brown lives in Crozet with her family.
2019-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Virginia School of Medicine, 1995
- Internal Medicine, University of North Carolina
- Endocrinology, University of North Carolina