- ABMS Certification:
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Research Interests:
Adult reconstruction; Orthopedic outcomes
- Clinical Practice:
- Osteoarthritis, Aseptic Necrosis of the Hip, Hip Fracture, Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Joint Replacement, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement
- Associate Professor
Dr. Brown has been on faculty, following completion of a joint replacement fellowship in 1999. Dr. Brown specializes in complex hip and knee replacement and has developed one of the largest joint replacement practices in the state of Virginia. Dr. Brown has trained over 75 residents and 15 Fellows. He has edited and published numerous textbooks, book chapters and articles on complex joint replacement.
Dr. Brown is an avid cyclist, and enjoys time on the water at Smith Mountain Lake as well as in Maine.
- 2015-2018 Best Doctors in America® List
- 2008, 2005, 2001 UVA Orthopaedic Surgery Teaching Award
- 2003 OREF Research Career Development Award
- Medical University of South Carolina, 1991
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Geisinger Medical Center
- Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Virginia