- ABMS Certification:
- Pediatrics, 1989; Pediatric Nephrology, 1993
- Research Interests:
Kidney development|Renin-angiotensin system
- Clinical Practice:
- Glomerulonephritis, Hydronephrosis, Lasix Renal Scan- Pediatric, Vesicoureteral Reflux (VUR), Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome- Pediatric, Polycystic Kidney Disease- Pediatric, Diabetes Insipidus- Pediatric, Renal Failure- Pediatric, Nephrotic Syndrome- Pediatric, Kidney Transplant- Pediatric, Pediatric Kidney Care, Pediatric Glomerulonephritis, Pediatric Transplant
Division Head, Pediatric Nephrology
Victoria Norwood, MD, is the vice chair of academic affairs within the Department of Pediatrics. She has broad research experience in basic developmental nephrology (kidney function and care) and directs the clinical research activities of the Division of Pediatric Nephrology at UVA. She is involved in initiatives related to the training and certification for pediatric sub-specialists and training programs.
Dr. Norwood has multiple roles within the Children’s Hospital, School of Medicine and national organizations:
- Directs clinical research activities of UVA’s Division of Pediatric Nephrology
- Program director of UVA’s pediatric nephrology fellowship training program
- Robert J. Roberts Professor of Pediatrics at UVA
- Chief of Pediatric Nephrology at UVA
- President of the American Society of Pediatric Nephrology
- Chair of the John E. Lewy Foundation for Children’s Health Board of Directors
- Member of the Pediatric Residency Review Committee for the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Founding member of the Council of Pediatric Subspecialists and served as chair from 2007-2010
- Active member of a number of committees of the American Board of Pediatrics
In addition to her activities as an active clinician, she heads the pediatric nephrology clinical research program and the pediatric nephrology fellowship program and directs the overall nephrology division as division chief.
Dr. Norwood received her undergraduate degree in chemistry and molecular biology from Vanderbilt University and her medical degree from Tulane University in New Orleans. After residency, chief residency and clinical fellowship in pediatric nephrology at Tulane, she completed her fellowship training in nephrology at UVA.
- 2011-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- Tulane University, 1985
- Pediatrics, Tulane University
- Nephrology (Clinical), Tulane University; Nephrology (Research), University of Virginia