- ABMS Certification:
- Pediatrics, 1979; Medical Genetics, 1981
- Research Interests:
Inborn errors of metabolism, Chromosomal disorders
- Clinical Practice:
- Galactosemia, Gaucher Disease, Marfan Syndrome, Neurofibromatosis Type 2, Sickle-Cell Diseases, Turner Syndrome, Von Hippel-Lindau Disease, Neurocutaneous Disorders, Cardiovascular Genetics, Genetics- Pediatric
Associate Chair for Education in Pediatrics; Division Head, Pediatric Genetics
William Wilson, MD, is the associate chair for education in the Department of Pediatrics. He joined UVA’s pediatric department in 1979 and is the chief of the Division of Pediatric Genetics. He is also a consultant to the Virginia Department of Health for newborn screening. Dr. Wilson has served on several School of Medicine committees and is passionate about genetics and medical education on all levels.
Dr. Wilson loves providing medical genetics services to children and adults and growing UVA’s network of genetics clinics.
- 2011-2018 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of North Carolina, 1974
- Pediatrics, University of Virginia; Pediatrics and Medical Genetics, University of North Carolina
- Medical Genetics, University of North Carolina