- ABMS Certification:
- Internal Medicine; Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Research Interests:
Insulin action, energy metabolism and diabetes complications
- Clinical Practice:
- Thyroid Cancer, Diabetes and Metabolism
Division Chief, Endocrinology and Metabolism
Dr. Liu serves as Chief of the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism. He obtained his medical training in China, received postdoctoral research training at Yale University and University of Virginia, and completed medicine residency at Washington Hospital Center and clinical endocrinology fellowship at University of Virginia. As an academic endocrinologist, he published extensively on insulin action and diabetes. His clinical expertise includes general endocrinology, diabetes and thyroid disorders.
He joined UVA faculty in 2000 and lives with his family in Charlottesville, VA.
- 2015-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- Hunan Medical University
- Internal Medicine, Washington Hospital Center, Washington DC
- Endocrinology, University of Virginia; Endocrinology, Yale University