UVA participates with most major commercial insurance companies. We're also committed to working with patients who have other insurance coverage, especially when you need our highly specialized care.
- This list does not include every insurance company (payer) with whom we participate.
- UVA may be excluded from participation in certain payer plans.
Before scheduling services at UVA, call your insurance company to find out what they'll cover.
Insurance Payers We Participate With
- Optima Health
- Piedmont Community Health Plan
- United Healthcare
- Virginia Health Network
- Medicare (original)
- Aetna Medicare UVA Health System Prime Plan
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- Medicaid of Virginia
- Aetna Better Health
- Optima Health (Optima Family Care)
- Magellan Complete Care
- Virginia Premier
- Anthem Healthkeepers Plus
- United Healthcare Community Plan
UVA facilities and doctors participate with the following networks:
- Aetna Institutes of Excellence
- Blue Distinction Centers for Transplant (BDCT)
- Cigna LifeSource Transplant Network
- 6 Degrees Health
- Anthem Centers of Medical Excellence Transplant Program
- Kaiser Permanente National Transplant Network
- Lifetrac Transplant Network
- Optum Centers of Excellence Transplant Network
- Humana National Transplant Network
Behavioral Health Coverage
Separate insurance is often provided for behavioral health conditions. We have formal agreements with Optima Behavioral Health, United Behavioral Health, Value Options and MH Net. We work with other behavioral health networks on an individual basis to negotiate arrangements so that patients not covered under the general plans noted here can receive care at UVA and obtain maximum coverage from their insurance.
For more information about coverage of UVA services, contact your health insurance company.