We have cancer support groups, programs, and resources to help you through your journey.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we've changed how we do support groups and classes. You can now attend support groups online.
Have more concerns about COVID-19? Read our cancer and coronavirus FAQs.
Free Online Nia & Yoga
Cancer patients and caregivers can:
- Join a free online Nia class for mindful, holistic movement and dance. To register, email Susan Tate.
- Access free virtual gentle chair yoga classes to reduce anxiety and depression. Great for beginners. For details, contact Sara Yoder.
Prostate Cancer Support Group
Are you currently diagnosed with prostate cancer or are you a survivor? UVA Cancer Center offers a 3-month virtual support group.
The group is led by our oncology social workers, who aim to create a safe environment for patients to support one another. Also, you'll have an opportunity to talk with healthcare providers about resources regarding prostate cancer. The goals of the group include:
- Reducing loneliness, anxiety, and distress
- Increasing feelings of hope and empowerment
- Promoting better communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Providing you with practical information about treatment and resources
- March 7, 2023
- April 4, 2023
- May 2, 2023
- June 6, 2023
Time: 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Please provide your email address when registering and we'll send you a video link.
Contact Arielle Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434.243.5858 for more information.
The Cancer Center Peer Support Program connects patients and caregivers with a cancer survivor. The survivor is a trained volunteer who can relate to your struggles. They can provide a listening ear and encouragement during your cancer or caregiving journey.
Find out more about our cancer peer support program.
Tobacco Treatment Program
We help tobacco users with their addiction to nicotine. Get a custom plan to quit and/or reduce. Let us help you manage withdrawal and develop new coping skills for stress and anxiety. Learn more about our tobacco treatment program.
Engage and connect with others. Find your own cancer support community.