We specialize in treating:
Treating Colon & Anal Cancer
Our colon cancer surgery program has received the highest possible performance rating from U.S. News & Word Report. And we house the only anal clinic in the region, allowing for effective interventions with anal cancer.
Our colorectal surgeons specialize in minimally invasive surgical procedures. Laparoscopic and robotic techniques means smaller incisions, reduced pain and faster recovery.
Our colorectal treatments include:
- Anal fistula repair
- Ileal anal pouch surgery (J-pouch)
- Laparoscopic colon and rectum surgery
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) for early rectal cancer
- Sphincter-saving procedures
- Limberg flap
- Advanced endoscopic techniques for large polyp removal
We also provide:
- Second opinions
- Genetic counseling
- Modern infusion centers
- Access to specialists for tumors outside the colon
Enhanced Recovery After Surgery
Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) is a protocol we follow to help care for you before, during and after surgery. You're actively involved your own recovery process.
ERAS helps you:
- Recover sooner
- Leave the hospital faster
- Have fewer complications after surgery
What is ERAS?
Components of ERAS include:
- Pain management: We create a personalized pain management plan for you to limit your opioid (narcotic) use.
- Early mobility and feeding: The sooner you’re eating and able to move normally, the sooner you can go home.
- Preoperative Gatorade: Drinking Gatorade prior to the operation will help your body get the energy it needs to be ready for surgery.
- Fluid management: We will only give you as much IV fluid as you need to prevent fluid overload and bloating after surgery.
Learn more about ERAS.