The Medical Communication Center, or MEDCOM, operates from the rooftop of the Medical Center 24/7.
Our communications coordinators:
- Receive patient care reports for patients en route to UVA
- Connect providers with doctors
- Activate trauma alerts
- Activate the UVA Mass Casualty Plan, Hospital Diversion Plan or the Hazardous Materials Plan when required
- Monitor radio frequencies
- Dispatch Medic V, Pegasus Ground, Pegasus Air and the Neonatal Emergency Transport Team (NETS)
- Coordinate aircraft traffic
- Collaborate with the Emergency Department and Hospital Command Center
- Communicate with external agencies
- Monitor cameras throughout the Medical Center
- Track UVA Medical Transport Network vehicles via satellite GPS
Jobs & Events
Interested in a job with emergency communications? Visit the Human Resources job listings.
Are you an emergency services professional? Stay current with events on our Medcom Facebook page.
Do you have questions or concerns? Give us your feedback.