Ear, Nose and Throat
Care for Your Head & Neck
Otolaryngologists specialize in disorders of the head and neck, especially those of the ear, nose and throat (often called ENT).
Our top-rated, internationally known team offers skilled and compassionate care for:
- at the UVA Cancer Center
- Children’s ENT disorders at the UVA Children's Hospital
- Deformities or abnormalities of the face, head and neck
- Ear and hearing disorders, tinnitus and balance problems
- Snoring and obstructive sleep apnea
- Voice and swallowing disorders
See the full list of conditions and services we offer for ENT issues.
When Sinus & Allergy Problems Persist
Visit the Comprehensive Sinus and Allergy Clinic.
Find out about treatments and how to care for sinusitis.
David Sickmen of The Hackensaw Boys
He visited James Daniero, MD, an ENT specialist at UVA. Daniero performed a minimally invasive surgery to remove the polyps that had formed on Sickmen's vocal cords.
State-of-the-Art Hearing Care
Faster diagnosis. Quicker treatment. Fewer appointments. Less stress.
The benefits of virtual clinics are revolutionary. Our doctors can use videoconferencing technology to create a virtual head and neck cancer clinic wherever needed.
Every year, UVA treats more than 200 new patients with head and neck cancer from throughout Virginia and the Mid-Atlantic.
Help for Your Hearing
We can restore hearing — and quality of life — for many people, from premature newborns and children to teenagers and adults. We offer:
- Internationally recognized expertise in congenital aural atresia
- A nationally known cochlear implant program
- State-of-the-art diagnostic facilities
- Doctors and hearing specialists working with researchers to develop the next generation of hearing solutions
- Fittings, instructions and follow-up visits for hearing aids
See all of our ENT treatments.