Chronic pain? Hurt wrist? Sports injuries? Whether it's a constant pain or a drastic injury, you don't have to live with it. Our hand surgeons can help you find relief and restore your function. In fact, all our staff have been specifically trained to focus on treating hand and arm injury.
When You Need a Hand Surgeon
Do you have carpal tunnel syndrome pain that isn't going away? We help you find relief and functional freedom by collaborating with neurological experts who treat carpal tunnel.
Conditions We Treat
- Hand, arm and joint trauma and fractures
- Tendon and nerve injuries
- Carpal tunnel and other nerve compression syndromes
- Congenital hand differences
- Sports-related or work-related injuries
- Soft tissue and overuse injuries, vascular disorders, tumors and masses
- Boutonniere deformity (central slip injury)
- Boxer's fracture
- Colle's fracture (fracture, distal radius)
- de Quervain's disease
- Elbow fracture
- Finger extensor tendon injury
- Finger flexor tendon injury
- Finger fracture
- Forearm fracture
- Medial epicondylitis (golfer's elbow)
- Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Wrist fracture
The UVA Hand Center is the:
- Only one of its kind in Virginia
- Most comprehensive hand and upper-extremity care and expertise in the area
New Fingers from Hand Surgery Specialists
If you've lost fingers, we offer prosthetic ones. These look and act like your own hand. Find out more about the amazing technology of i-limb digits™.
Born Without Thumbs
Connor's family felt lucky to be referred to the UVA Hand Center to find answers. Find out how UVA physicians created thumbs for Connor.