Medical laboratories support the care of patients, serve referring physicians and conduct clinical trials that deepen our understanding of human disease.
What You Need to Get a Blood Test at UVA
To have your bloodwork done at one of our locations, you must:
- Be a registered patient
- Have a written or electronic request from your provider
Labs at UVA
When you need lab testing, you can choose from several locations, all staffed with highly skilled professionals. And you can trust your test results. We use innovative procedures and technology to ensure accurate results.
Our labs have achieved accreditations from:
- American Association of Blood Banks
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments
- College of American Pathologists
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- The Joint Commission