Our mobile mammograms coach brings comprehensive screening services to women at workplaces and community locations throughout Virginia. The elegant, self-contained coach offers on-site breast cancer screenings using the latest technology, including 3D imaging, and has the capacity to perform up to 25 exams in one day.
Mobile Mammograms Eligibility & Access
To be screened, you must have an active relationship with your healthcare provider.
If you are a patient of UVA Primary Care and are interested in mobile mammography, call your UVA primary care provider to see if the mobile coach is coming to your doctor's office.
Inside the Coach: Features
- 3D Tomosynthesis Hologic Dimensions Unit
- Ultrasound equipment
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Air conditioning
- Clean, comfortable interior
- Dressing room
- Reception area with materials on breast health, breast cancer risks, importance of healthy lifestyle, exercise and nutrition
A letter with the mammography screening results will be mailed to your healthcare provider within two weeks.
The letter will let you know if you need a follow-up visit or more extensive breast imaging. Our team will contact you promptly to schedule an appointment.
The Mobile Mammography Coach will be available at:
- Medical Associates of Louisa on the 1st Tuesday of every month
- Primary Care Locust Grove on the 1st Friday of every month
- Stuarts Draft Family Practice on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month
- Primary Care Riverside on the 3rd Tuesday of every month
- Family Practice Stoney Creek on the 4th Monday of every month
- UVA Cancer Center Augusta every other Monday of every month