Our mobile mammograms coach brings comprehensive screening services to women at workplaces and community locations throughout Virginia. The elegant, self-contained coach offers on-site breast cancer screenings using the latest technology, including 3D imaging, and has the capacity to perform up to 20 exams in one day.
Mobile Mammograms Eligibility & Access
To be screened, you must have an active relationship with your healthcare provider.
If you are a patient of UVA Primary Care and are interested in mobile mammography, call your UVA primary care provider to see if the mobile coach is coming to your doctor's office.
Inside the Coach: Features
- 3D Tomosynthesis Hologic Dimensions Unit
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Air conditioning
- Clean, comfortable interior
- Dressing room
- Reception area with materials on breast health, breast cancer risks, importance of healthy lifestyle, exercise and nutrition
You'll get notified when your results are available in MyChart. This online tool is available to all UVA Health patients.
A letter with the mammography screening results will also be mailed to your healthcare provider.
If you need a follow-up visit or more extensive breast imaging, our team will contact you to schedule an appointment.
The Mobile Mammography Coach will be available at:
- Medical Associates of Louisa on the 1st Tuesday of every month
- Primary Care Locust Grove on the 1st Friday of every month
- Primary Care Riverside on the 3rd Tuesday of every month
- Family Practice Stoney Creek on the 4th Monday of every month
- UVA Cancer Center Augusta on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month
- University Physicians Orange on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday and 4th Friday of every month