Instead of coming into the clinic for your appointment, you will talk with your provider from home or another convenient location using your smartphone or computer.
You can get virtual care either by:
- Video chat
- Phone call
Video and phone visits offer a safe option when you can’t go to a clinic appointment in person.
Virtual Visit Options
Schedule a Future Visit
Find out if a virtual visit will work for your needs. Contact your provider or clinic:
Get Urgent Care Now (limited hours)
Virtual urgent care provides:
- Video visits via phone or computer
- Expert care from UVA physicians
- Access from 5 - 7 p.m. Monday - Friday
Learn how to get started with virtual urgent care.
You do NOT need to be an existing patient to request a virtual care visit.
To get virtual care, you’ll need:
- To be in Virginia
- Either a phone or an internet-connected device – computer, phone, tablet – with microphone and camera
If possible, prepare for your visit by having:
- A list of your medications or medication bottles
- Your vital signs, including your weight, temperature, blood pressure, heart rate, and oxygen saturation, if possible
- A flashlight (in case the provider needs it for the exam)
- Any questions you have for your provider
Before Your Virtual Visit
- Make sure you’ve received your appointment information
- Test and confirm that you are connected to the internet/Wi-Fi
- We recommend using Google® Chrome or Firefox® for your internet