Awards aren’t the goal. Our mission is making sure everyone can access world-class care when they need it. We rank among the nation’s top hospitals because our doctors, nurses, and caregivers continually work to deliver the highest-quality, most advanced, and safest healthcare possible. We never stop striving to make our best better.
UVA Health is a major academic medical center with hospitals and specialty clinics throughout Virginia. We're a top teaching hospital, training doctors in highly specialized skills. Through research and clinical trials, we stay at the leading edge of the treatments we offer.
Read more about UVA Health.
UVA Health Awards
These accolades attest to the attention and commitment we dedicate to each part of our mission:
- U.S. News & World Report 2023-24 “Best Children’s Hospitals"
- Best Hospital in Virginia in Newsweek's “World’s Best Hospitals 2022” guide
- Top 50 Teaching Hospitals for America
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Artificial Intelligence Health Outcomes Challenge
- Prince William & Haymarket: Both medical centers received “A” grades from The Leapfrog Group, the 10th consecutive “A” grade for both
- Prince William: Becker’s Hospital Review, Great Community Hospitals list, 2023
At UVA Health, we’ve received the highest possible rating for our care in 5 specialties and 14 common conditions and procedures by U.S. News & World Report.
#1 in Virginia: World's Best Hospitals Guide 2022
Newsweek ranks UVA Health Medical Center as the best hospital in Virginia in its World’s Best Hospitals 2022 guide. We're also considered among the top 250 hospitals in the world.