Our policies, entry process, and entrances have changed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Patient & Visitor Policies
Follow these safety measures to help us keep everyone safe.
Before you come:
- Bring a mask - you MUST wear a mask inside our buildings
- Call ahead - find out about arrival policies, if you need to wait outside
- Don't bring anyone with you - non-patients aren't allowed at clinic visits
When you arrive, prepare:
- To get screened - everyone who enters our facilities gets screened for COVID-19. See all visitor policies.
- To get tested, if you're going to be hospitalized
When you arrive, we have people in parking areas and at front doors to help you.
Where to Enter
Everyone must use the following entrances.
University Hospital (Main Hospital):
- 5 a.m. - 7 p.m. – Use main lobby entrance
- 7 p.m. - 5 a.m. – Use Emergency Department entrance
Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center and Education Resource Center:
- Normal operating Hours – Use Education Resource Center Main Entrance
- After normal operating hours – Use ground level Lee St. Garage Lobby entrance (L Level) for access to 24-hour pharmacy; buzz-in and pharmacy staff will direct you
- Normal operating hours – Use Battle Building Main Entrance, or 3rd floor entrance from 11th Street garage
Emergency Department/South University Hospital Tower:
- Use main Emergency Department entrance on Lee Street
- Normal business hours – use main building entrance
- Hospital Drive and Eye Clinic entrances are closed
- Patients who usually park in the Hospital Drive lot should now park in the West Complex lot
Using the Cafeteria
You can buy food at the cafeteria for carry-out. But we’re not allowing visitors to sit down and eat in the cafeteria. We can only make exceptions for those visiting areas that don't allow food, like the NICU. Ask the unit manager if you have questions or concerns.
Our gift shop is open Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Request an Interpreter
Call ahead of time to arrange help.