Before you arrive:
- See all visitor policies.
- Bring a mask. You MUST wear a mask in patient/medical areas.
Find out how easy it is to have a doctor visit online. Learn about virtual visits.
Not a Patient or Visiting a Patient?
If you're here on business, you don't have to wear a mask in non-patient areas, like:
- Research labs and buildings
- Teaching areas (conference rooms, classrooms)
- Administrative work areas/ buildings
Talk to your UVA Health contact for more information.
When you arrive, we have people in parking areas and at front doors to help you.
Where to Enter
Everyone must use the following entrances.
University Hospital (Main Hospital):
- 5 a.m.-7 p.m. – Use main lobby entrance
- 7 p.m.-5 a.m. – Use Emergency Department entrance
Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center and Education Resource Center:
- Normal operating Hours – Use Education Resource Center Main Entrance
- After normal operating hours – Use ground level Lee St. Garage Lobby entrance (L Level) for access to 24-hour pharmacy; buzz-in and pharmacy staff will direct you
- Normal operating hours – Use Battle Building Main Entrance, or 3rd floor entrance from 11th Street garage
Emergency Department/South University Hospital Tower:
- Use main Emergency Department entrance on Lee Street
- Normal business hours – use main building entrance
- Hospital Drive and Eye Clinic entrances are closed
- Patients who usually park in the Hospital Drive lot should now park in the West Complex lot
Using the Cafeteria
You can buy food at the cafeteria to sit down or for carry-out. Ask the unit manager if you have questions or concerns about bringing food back to patient areas.
Our gift shop is open Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Request an Interpreter
Call ahead of time to arrange help.