Our policies, entry process, and entrances have changed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
See the Doctor Online: Virtual Appointments
Find out how easy it is to have a doctor visit online. Learn about virtual visits.
Patient & Visitor Policies
Follow these safety measures to help us keep everyone safe:
- No visitors allowed. This applies to the hospital, procedures, the ER, and clinic appointments. Patients only.
- Bring a mask. You MUST wear a mask inside our buildings.
- Call ahead, especially if you have COVID symptoms.
When you arrive, prepare:
- To get screened - everyone who enters our facilities gets screened for COVID-19. See all visitor policies.
- To get tested, if you're going to be hospitalized.
Save the ER for Emergencies
Help us save the ER for those with severe illness. Find out what to do if you have COVID symptoms.
When you arrive, we have people in parking areas and at front doors to help you.
Where to Enter
Everyone must use the following entrances.
University Hospital (Main Hospital):
- 5 a.m. - 7 p.m. – Use main lobby entrance
- 7 p.m. - 5 a.m. – Use Emergency Department entrance
Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center and Education Resource Center:
- Normal operating Hours – Use Education Resource Center Main Entrance
- After normal operating hours – Use ground level Lee St. Garage Lobby entrance (L Level) for access to 24-hour pharmacy; buzz-in and pharmacy staff will direct you
- Normal operating hours – Use Battle Building Main Entrance, or 3rd floor entrance from 11th Street garage
Emergency Department/South University Hospital Tower:
- Use main Emergency Department entrance on Lee Street
- Normal business hours – use main building entrance
- Hospital Drive and Eye Clinic entrances are closed
- Patients who usually park in the Hospital Drive lot should now park in the West Complex lot
Using the Cafeteria
You can buy food at the cafeteria to sit down or for carry-out. Ask the unit manager if you have questions or concerns about bringing food back to patient areas.
Our gift shop is open Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Request an Interpreter
Call ahead of time to arrange help.