- Are themselves or supporting a patient actively receiving treatment at UVA
- Live farther than 60 miles from Charlottesville
- Are 18 years or older
Find Places to Stay in Charlottesville, VA
Hospitality House is a short walk or shuttle bus ride from the hospital and close to restaurants and shopping. We have staff and volunteers available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to offer support. Many guests value finding refuge here, along with comfort from the other house guests, who share similar circumstances.
Amenities at Hospitality House include:
- Bedrooms furnished with two twin beds (with a curtain for privacy)
- Towels and toiletries
- Kitchen and pantry with donated non-perishable food
- Living rooms with cable TV
- Laundry facilities
Fee: $10 per night, per person
Free parking is available in the UVA Medical Center parking garage (no on-site parking is available).
Sleeping in the Hospital?
Families staying bedside with a patient can use these facilities during the day, to shower or do laundry. Cost: $3/day, per person.
The Ronald McDonald House
The Ronald McDonald House in Charlottesville is close to our hospital and offers families of our pediatric patients overnight lodging and a fully equipped kitchen, playroom, quiet living room and recreation deck. For information, call 434.295.6412.