At UVA, we have helped develop some of the latest blood cancer treatments. These include therapies that target cancer without hurting healthy cells.
We're invested in helping every patient we see recover and thrive. We:
- Go through a rigorous process to prove our patient focus, making us FACT-accredited
- Participate in a global program, The National Marrow Donor Program® (NMDP) - Be The Match®
You'll also find robust genetic counseling services. You'll get the information you need to plan for your family and future with confidence.
Blood Cancer Treatments at UVA Health
As an academic research center, our highly-trained providers work with diligent researchers to offer personalized treatment plans.
Because of this approach, you get access to the latest treatments, including:
Which treatment will work for you depends on your condition and health. If it turns out you need treatment from another institution, we'll make sure you get it. It's about finding what's best for each patient.
We're part of an NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center. That means our providers have specific training and experience with leukemia. We provide:
- Treatment and care by compassionate doctors and nurses
- Support services from nurse coordinators, social workers, physical therapists, pharmacists, dietitians
- Expertise in heart conditions, infectious disease, critical care
The most important member of our team: You. Along with the family and friends who serve as your caregivers, you occupy the center of the team.
Support Groups & Logistical Help
Going through cancer treatment takes a lot of energy. Suddenly, your time, money, and spirit feel exhausted. We have experienced, compassionate people here to keep you going.
Preview all of our support services.
Chat with a specialist and get info on financial aid, clinical trials, more. Visit the Leukemia Lymphoma Society.