No Insurance? Not Enough Coverage?
We can help you find financial aid to cover your medical expenses. our policy (PDF).
Places to Find Financial Help
UVA Financial Aid
If you lack financial resources or who have exhausted your health insurance benefits, you may be eligible for assistance from UVA. Find out if you qualify:
Apply for Aid
Our Discount Program
Not eligible for financial assistance? You may be eligible for our 20 percent discount program for uninsured patients. This program applies to most services provided through our facility.
You cannot receive this discount if:
- You have health insurance or workers’ compensation
- You're negotiating a personal injury settlement with a third party that pertains to the reason you were seen
- You qualify for any other financial assistance program
For complete information on applying for Medicaid, visit the Virginia Department of Social Services website or contact your local department of social services:
- Albemarle County Department of Social Services
- Charlottesville Department of Social Services
- Augusta County Department of Social Services
- Greene County Department of Social Services
- Louisa County Department of Social Services
Family Access to Medical Insurance Security Plan (FAMIS)
FAMIS provides health insurance to children up to age 19 who are uninsured and who are not eligible for Medicaid or FAMIS Plus (Medicaid for Children). FAMIS is funded by the state and federal government.
Find out more about FAMIS.