Making Healthy Food Choices
Information on Nutrition and Cancer
Nutrition and Cancer
You can reduce your risk of cancer by making healthy food choices.
It’s easier than you think. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Eat a low-fat diet with a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes.
- Avoid sugary drinks and processed foods.
- Limit red meats (beef, pork and lamb).
- Limit salty foods, including snack foods, salted meats, canned foods and lunch meats.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
Questions about Nutrition and Cancer
What to Eat
- Should I eat organic food? (PDF)
- Should I worry about pesticides in my food? (PDF)
- What are some options for a high-calorie liquid diet? (PDF)
- Should I become a vegetarian? (PDF)
- How do I make my food taste better? (PDF)
- Which multivitamin supplements do I need? (PDF)
- Why is potassium important? (PDF)
- Why is phosphorus important? (PDF)
- What is Stevia? (PDF)