- ABMS Certification:
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Cardiovascular Disease)
American Board of Internal Medicine (Advance Heart Failure/Transplant)
- Assistant Professor
As a cardiologist, Andrew Keller, MD, specializes in caring for patients who have heart conditions and providing preventive care. He has extensive expertise in treating advanced heart failure, cardiomyopathy, and amyloidosis.
“I work with patients as a team to improve their cardiovascular health and prevent future events,” Dr. Keller says.
Before joining UVA in 2021, he spent many years in private practice. His extensive career in Virginia also includes serving as:
- Medical director for advanced heart failure/LVAD at Chippenham Hospital, part of HCA Virginia, in Richmond
- Director of the cath lab at Reston Hospital, part of HCA Virginia, in Reston
- Medical director of heart failure and transplant at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church
Dr. Keller completed his fellowship training in cardiology at Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. He also completed a fellowship in critical care at Saint Louis University.
Originally from New York, Dr. Keller is married and has two children. He enjoys heli-skiing, boating, golfing, hiking, and traveling.
- St Georges's University School of Medicine, 1981
- Norwalk Hospital, Internal Medicine: General Medicine
- St Louis University, Barnes-Jewish Hospital Washington University