We’re glad you chose UVA Health for care. It’s important to know that our help continues after you leave our hospital or clinics.
Each year, we help thousands of patients find solutions to their billing issues.
Billing Questions? Get Answers & Support
If you’re having trouble understanding or paying your bill, we’re here to help.
Call us for help with:
- Understanding your medical bill
- Finding out what your insurance pays
- Applying for financial aid
- Setting up the best payment plan for your budget
Our financial aid services are free and confidential. Call us at 866.320.9659.
Can I Get Financial Aid from UVA Health?
We look at many things when deciding who gets aid and how much. We use a sliding scale based on:
- If you have insurance
- Total value of what you own, including bank and retirement accounts (assets)
- How much money you make a year
- Number of people in your household
Find out what you’ll need to qualify.
Get Help From Other Sources
You can apply for Medicaid at the Virginia Department of Social Services.
You can also contact your local social services:
- Augusta County Department of Social Services
- Charlottesville Department of Social Services
- Culpeper County Department of Social Services
- Greene County Department of Social Services
- Louisa County Department of Social Services
Family Access to Medical Insurance Security Plan (FAMIS)
FAMIS makes health insurance available to children under the age of 20 who don't have other insurance and don't qualify for Medicaid or FAMIS Plus (Medicaid for Children). FAMIS is funded by the state and federal government.
Financial Help for Pap Smears & Mammograms
Financial Help for Cancer Patients
We can help you learn more about your costs, connect you with drug assistance programs and help you apply for financial aid for your cancer care.
We also offer special services that lower the costs of mammography.
Financial Aid for Transplant Patients
Organ transplantation involves taking medication for the rest of your life. There are many programs to help you pay for your organ transplant.