Volunteering at UVA Health System means making a meaningful difference in the lives of others. Our team of volunteers contributes to the superlative care that we provide to our patients.
With over 50 volunteer programs to choose from, we have something for everyone. We have opportunities for:
What Do Volunteers Do?
We try to match you with an opportunity that matches you. As a volunteer, you can visit patients or cuddle newborns, serve lunch or cook meals, deliver flowers, and more.
Every volunteer must meet the requirements and follow these steps:
- Interview with one of our volunteer coordinators
- Complete an application
- Provide authorization for a criminal background check
- Complete a brief health assessment. This includes:
- Required immunizations: 2 doses of the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine; 1 TDAP (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccine; have had chicken pox or 2 doses of the chicken pox (varicella) vaccine
- Complete a two-part screening for TB (free)
- Receive a flu vaccination (free)
- Obtain photo ID badge
- Complete necessary training
Donate Gifts, Cards & Crafts
We need crafters, knitters and seamstresses to create special items for our patients. We also need donations of colored pencils, puzzles, scarves and more.