NOTICE: Due to COVID-19, most volunteer programs are suspended. We aren't taking new applicants for the 2021 Summer Junior Volunteer Program. Check back here for updates.
Volunteering at UVA Health means making a meaningful difference in the lives of others. Our team of volunteers contributes to the superlative care that we provide to our patients.
With over 50 volunteer programs to choose from, we have something for everyone. We have opportunities for:
What Do Volunteers Do?
We try to match you with an opportunity that matches you. As a volunteer, you can visit patients or cuddle newborns, serve lunch or cook meals, deliver flowers, and more.
Every volunteer must meet the requirements and follow these steps:
- Interview with one of our volunteer coordinators
- Complete an application
- Authorize a criminal background check
- Obtain photo ID badge
- Undergo necessary training
- Complete a brief health assessment
- Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), 2 doses or titer for measles
- Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (TDAP), 1 dose
- Two-part TB test (free)
- Flu (free)
Recommended: Chickenpox, 2 doses
Donate Gifts, Cards & Crafts
We need crafters, knitters and seamstresses to create special items for our patients. We also need donations of colored pencils, puzzles, scarves and more.