Jaideep Kapur, MD
- ABMS Certification:
- Neurology, 1994; EEG and Clinical Neurophysiology, 1996;Epilepsy, 2014
- Research Interests:
- Clinical Practice:
- Epilepsy, Seizure Disorder, Electroencephalogram (EEG), Neurology Services
Jaideep Kapur M.B.B.S., PhD, is the Eugene Meyer III Professor of Neuroscience, Professor of Neurology & Director of UVA Brain Institute.
Dr. Kapur provides care to epilepsy patients as a member of FE Dreifuss Comprehensive Epilepsy Program at the University of Virginia and serves as the Director of Neuroscience Center of Excellence. Dr. Kapur has a long-standing interest in understanding the neurobiological mechanisms underlying prolonged self-sustaining seizures, called status epilepticus. His laboratory studies rapid plasticity of GABA and glutamate-mediated neurotransmission. Another area of research is regulation of seizures by hormonal fluctuations. Grants from National Institutes of Health, Epilepsy Foundation, CURE epilepsy foundation and the Department of Defense support his research.
He has served on numerous grant review panels for National Institutes of Health, CURE Epilepsy foundation, Epilepsy Foundation and Epilepsy Research Foundation. He served as the President of the American Epilepsy Society in 2010.
- Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University, 1985
- Clinical Electrophys, University of Michigan; Neurology, Medical College of Virginia; Internal Medicine, Eastern Virginia University
- Epilepsy and Clinical Neurophysiology, University of Michigan