- ABMS Certification:
- Internal Medicine; Cardiovascular Disease; Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Clinical Practice:
- Arrhythmias, Atrial Fibrillation (Afib), Supraventricular Tachycardia, Ventricular Tachycardia, Ablation, Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Pacemakers, Rhythm Control Strategy for Afib, Heart Genetics, Heart Rhythm Disorders, Heart Devices for Afib
Director of Electrophysiology Programs
Pamela Mason, MD, is an associate professor at UVA and directs the Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program. She has been on faculty at UVA for over ten years.
Dr. Mason was born and raised in Lima, Ohio. Her parents were both teachers and she has a sister who is a history professor. She attended Miami University for her undergraduate degree, and went to medical school at the University of Cincinnati. She then moved to Charlottesville and trained in internal medicine, cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology at UVA.
Dr. Mason is married to Dr. Rohit Malhotra, who is also a cardiologist at UVA. They have two sons, who love music and sports, and two rescue beagles. Life is always joyful and loud!
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 1999
- Internal Medicine, University of Virginia Health System
- Cardiology, University of Virginia Health System; Electrophysiology, University of Virignia Health System