- Research Interests:
Head and neck imaging, CT perfusion in head neck cancers, stroke and vascular imaging, head neck and spine procedures.
- Clinical Practice:
- Cerebral (Brain or Intracranial) Aneurysm, Head and Neck Cancer, Neurocutaneous Disorders, Computed Tomography Angiography, Magnetic Resonance Angiography, Neuroradiology, Magnetic Resonance Angiogram (MRA), Myelogram
Director of Neuroradiology
- Associate Professor of Radiology
Dr. Mukherjee is the Director of the Division of Neuroradiology in the Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging. He completed his training at the University of Virginia Health System and is part of the dedicated neuroradiology team that provides patients with the latest innovations in cross sectional imaging (CT and MRI) of the brain, head neck and spine. His areas of interest include brain tumors, cancer genomics, stroke, cerebrovascular diseases, head and neck cancers, parathyroid, temporal bone, image-guided procedures, dual energy CT, CT angiography, MRI, advanced MRI techniques and post-processing techniques of medical images.
In addition to his clinical role, Dr. Mukherjee is responsible for training residents and fellows in the area of neurological imaging, as well as participating in tumor boards and multidisciplinary conferences. He is currently engaged in multiple research projects related to head and neck imaging.
- Calcutta National Medical College, 1999
- Diagnostic Radiology, G R Medical College
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics; Neuroradiology, University of Virginia Health System