Vanessa H Gregg, MD
- General Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Research Interests:
Strategies for cancer prevention and early detection in women, ethics in medicine, patient and resident education
- Clinical Practice:
- Atrophic Vaginitis, Breast Cancer in Men, Menopause, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), Breast Cancer Care, Hysterectomy, Female Infertility Treatments, Myomectomy, Ovarian Cancer Treatment, Pregnancy & Birth, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), Women's Health, OB/Gyn, Primary Care
- Associate Professor
Vanessa H. Gregg, MD, is an OB-GYN and is director of the UVA Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology. She focuses on treating patients at higher risk for gynecologic cancer. She works with each patient to create a plan for screening for and preventing cancer based on their family history and personal risk factors.
Dr. Gregg works to be an advocate for physician faculty at UVA and is a faculty observer on the UVA Physicians Group Board of Directors, which provides feedback to the group’s CEO. She also represents the School of Medicine on the UVA Faculty Senate.
Dr. Gregg was born and grew up in Indiana. She attended George Washington University School of Medicine and completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at UVA.
Dr. Gregg lives in Charlottesville with her husband and two children. She enjoys reading, traveling and spending time with family.
- George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, 2003
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Virginia Health System