Stem Cell Transplant Clinic
1240 Lee St.
Charlottesville, VA 22903Directions
- Monday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Parking: Free for patients and visitors.
Parking is available in the Lee Street Parking Garage, directly across the street from University Hospital and Emergency Department.
Stem Cell Treatment During the Coronavirus
For your safety and protection, we'll be testing everyone for COVID-19 72 hours before stem cell treatment. If you have the infection, we'll work with you on next steps.
The Stem Cell Transplant Clinic evaluates and treats patients with leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma and other blood disorders who need bone marrow, stem cell or umbilical cord blood transplants.
New patient evaluations are similar to typical doctor's office visits, but also includes:
- Insurance verification for HLA (human leukocyte antigen) testing, which helps match donors and recipients
- Information on donor testing
Once a graft source (the source of the cells) is identified, patients have another appointment at the clinic, where they talk with an RN nurse coordinator, the doctor, a social worker, a pharmacist and a psychologist. Patients learn about the clinic's team approach to care and the steps in the treatment process.
The transplant is performed in the hospital in an inpatient setting.
Learn more about our stem cell transplant program.