1204 W. Main St.
Charlottesville, VA 22903Directions
- Monday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Try to give us 24-hour notice if you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
Parking: Free for patients and visitors.
Park in the 11th Street Garage.
Enter the Battle Building on Level C.
Shuttle service: Runs every 30 minutes, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Find shuttle stop locations.
UVA Pediatrics (formerly General Pediatrics at the Primary Care Center) provides pediatric primary care services for children and adolescents from birth through age 21, including routine checkups and tests, immunizations, sports and college physicals and gynecologic care.
Our providers and staff help families raise healthy, happy and secure children by providing compassionate care in the heart of the Medical Center. We offer patients convenient access to specialty care as needed.
Learn more about our pediatric primary care services.
- Checkups, medical exams and physicals
- Medication management
- Healthy lifestyle and nutrition counseling
- Allergy care and evaluation
- Pre-operative evaluation
- Minor emergencies
- School problems/behavior issues
- Assessment of growth and development
- Second opinion consultation
Newborns and Infants
- Newborn care
- Lactation and breastfeeding consultation
- Breastfeeding medicine program
Children and Teens
- Behavior issues
- Contraception management
- Home visits
- Sports medicine evaluation
- International travel medicine
- Complex medical management
- Diagnostic evaluations and referrals
International Adoption Program
The International Adoption program offers pre- and post-adoption consultations, and developmental and growth evaluations for your child. Our services attract families from all over Virginia and out-of-state.
- Review medical records, photos and videotapes before you adopt
- Address growth and development issues, pre- and post-adoption
- Perform a complete medical evaluation of your adopted child
- Initiate a vaccination schedule
- Complete blood work profiles to screen for illnesses
Follow-up visits are scheduled as needed for your child’s situation. If you can’t make it into our office, we’re available by phone to answer your adoption questions and help guide you through the process.
Our doctors have received teaching and clinical excellence awards including recognition by the Academy of Distinguished Educators. In addition to attending doctors, we have 30 pediatric residents providing care for our patients. These doctors work closely with the attending team to offer high-quality care.
We have a full-time social worker and an education consultant on staff to meet the needs of our patients. We also offer on-site Spanish interpreters for our patients every day, as well as access to interpreters for all languages as needed.
Call us to make an appointment or transfer your care. Bring medical records and immunization records to the first appointment, if possible. Our front desk staff can help you with transferring records.
Call us for prescription refills. Please allow 24 hours for refills to be processed.
You can view your results in MyChart. If you don't have MyChart access, you'll get your results by phone or mail.