1204 W. Main St.
Charlottesville, VA 22903Directions
- Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Parking: Free for patients and visitors. Parking for the Battle Building is in the 11th Street Garage. The entrance to the Battle Building is on Level C.
Response to Coronavirus
To keep you and our healthcare teams safe during the coronavirus outbreak, we've instituted visitor restrictions. We're now screening everyone before they enter.
Entrances limited to:
- Battle Building main entrance
- 3rd floor entrance from 11st Street garage
Clinics & Services at the Battle Building
The Battle Building houses a number of pediatric outpatient clinics and services. It includes:
- Seven floors and 200,000 square feet that house dozens of pediatric specialties, ranging from primary to specialized care in cancer, heart disorders and many other pediatric illnesses
- Cheerful colors and interactive play areas to keep kids engaged and comfortable in common areas and exam rooms
- Care organized in neighborhoods, with several services a child may need grouped together. For example, one neighborhood will be home to orthopedics, physical and occupational therapy and developmental pediatrics.
- In-home specialty care services for kids with complex conditions (also called By Your Side Pediatrics)
Staff members are trained to care for infants, adolescents and every stage in between. The equipment our caregivers use is specially designed and just the right size for children.
Adventure and Imagination: Storytelling and Pediatrics
A storytelling theme throughout the building and in treatment areas inspires kids to explore, discover and learn through interactive areas featuring classic children’s books like "Charlotte’s Web," "Curious George" and "The Jungle Book."
None of this would be possible without a grant from Ivy Foundation, long-time UVA Children's benefactors Barry and Bill Battle and many generous donors throughout Central Virginia.
A Green Building
The Battle Building has a gold LEED rating, meaning it follows sustainable practices like conserving water and using environmentally friendly cleaning products. Read more about our LEED rating.
On November 8, you'll be able to schedule appointments for the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine at the Battle Building for children 5-11 years old.
Questions about vaccinating your kids? Get answers here.
Appointments are required and may be made by calling 434.297.4829. Patients with a UVA MyChart account may also register through UVA's MyChart website. You'll need to confirm your child’s age when making appointments. A parent or guardian should be present at all vaccination appointments for anyone younger than 18.
In partnership with the Local Food Hub’s Fresh Farmacy, UVA Children’s is offering fresh produce to qualified pediatric patients and their families every other week. We plan to grow the food pantry beyond UVA Children’s to serve more patients throughout the hospital.
If interested, you can donate to the food pantry.