Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Wellness
500 Ray C. Hunt Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22903Directions
- Monday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Parking: Free for patients.
Shuttle service: Runs every 30 minutes, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Find shuttle stop locations.
The Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Wellness Clinic helps patients recover from a heart attack, angioplasty or heart surgery — including valve, bypass or transplant — and patients with angina.
If you have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or have had a lung transplant, our pulmonary rehabilitation program can assist in your recovery, as well.
Our nurses, exercise physiologists and respiratory therapists can help you set up an exercise program to meet your needs and strengthen your heart and lungs. You'll get personalized care to help you:
- Improve your physical fitness
- Lose weight
- Manage your blood pressure and cholesterol
- Control your diabetes
- Reduce stress
Medical Services We Provide
- Initial health assessment
- Medication review
- Monitored exercise instruction
- Risk factor assessment and counseling
- Nutrition counseling
- Group education classes
- Cardiac yoga for stress management
- Basal metabolic analysis
- Progress notes to your doctor
Pulmonary Function Testing Lab
Patients can also schedule their pulmonary function testing lab on site to help diagnoses and treats patients with respiratory diseases in room #1215. Call to schedule an appointment.
Additional Program Offerings
To help you get on your way to living a heart-healthy lifestyle, we also offer:
- Grocery store tours
- Cooking demonstrations
- Supervised wellness program
- Cardiac and medical yoga
- Mended Hearts Support Group
You'll need a referral from your doctor to participate in these programs.
We offer counseling from a registered dietitian. If interested, ask your doctor or nurse to see a dietitian during your visit or mention when scheduling your appointment.
Learn more about our Heart & Vascular Center.