Emergency DepartmentUniversity Hospital
1215 Lee St.
Charlottesville, VA 22903Directions
Open every day, 24 hours a day.
Parking: Parking is available for free in the Lee Street Parking Garage, directly across the street from University Hospital and the Emergency Department.
Valet parking is also available at the ED for a fee of $6.00. Valet services are free for drivers with disabilities and disabled veterans with a handicapped plate or hangtag.
Our 70-bed, Level 1 trauma center treats all types of adult and children's emergencies. Services include:
- Adult emergency department with bedside registration, four operating rooms, and a 10-bed clinical decision-making unit
- Children’s emergency department, an 11-bed area with a separate children’s lobby and emergency specialists for patients under 20 years of age
- Rapid Medical Evaluation area, a 12-bed section designed to address minor emergencies like sore throats, fevers, sprains and lacerations
- Dedicated 8-bed section for behavioral and mental health emergencies
- Interventional cardiology and radiology suites
The emergency department:
- Evaluates your or your child's critical health needs
- Stabilizes life-threatening conditions
- Performs emergency surgery when necessary