1215 Lee St.
Charlottesville, VA 22903Directions
Open every day, 24 hours a day.
Virtual urgent care gives you after-hours access to UVA providers Monday - Friday, 12 - 2 p.m.
Parking: Parking is available for free in the Lee Street Parking Garage, directly across the street from University Hospital and the Emergency Department.
Valet parking is available at the Emergency Department. See the valet hours and pricing here.
Before You Come to the ER
If you have these symptoms:
- Difficulty breathing
Call before coming to the Emergency Department for screening and next steps.
Emergency Department Features
Our 70-bed, Level 1 trauma center treats all types of adult and children's emergencies. Services include:
- Adult emergency department with bedside registration, four operating rooms, and a 10-bed clinical decision-making unit
- Children’s emergency department, an 11-bed area with a separate children’s lobby and emergency specialists for patients under 20 years of age
- Rapid Medical Evaluation area, a 12-bed section designed to address minor emergencies like sore throats, fevers, sprains and lacerations
- Dedicated 8-bed section for behavioral and mental health emergencies
- Interventional cardiology and radiology suites
The emergency department:
- Evaluates your or your child's critical health needs
- Stabilizes life-threatening conditions
- Performs emergency surgery when necessary
Our virtual urgent care pilot gives you limited after-hours access to UVA providers Monday - Friday, 12 - 2 p.m. for NON-EMERGENCY care.
If you’re sick or in moderate pain and have a connected device with a microphone and camera, you can see a provider by video.
Learn how to get started with virtual urgent care.