Family MedicineFamily Medicine University Hospital
1221 Lee St.
Charlottesville, VA 22903Directions
Monday, Thursday | 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.Tuesday | 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Wednesday, Friday | 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Give us 24-hour notice if you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment. Let us know as soon as possible if you
Parking: Free with validation, using your green parking ticket when you register at your appointment. Use the Lee Street and 11th Street parking garages.
Shuttle service: Runs every 30 minutes, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Find shuttle stop locations.
Primary Care Family Medicine offers primary care for patients of all ages. Our doctors are board certified in Family Medicine and have advanced training in women’s health, sports medicine and geriatrics. We offer patients convenient access to specialty care and provide care to refugees through the International Family Medicine Clinic.
We strive to keep you healthy in all aspects of your life.
- Checkups, medical exams and physicals
- Care of illnesses and minor injuries
- Allergy care
- Care of chronic health problems
- Medication management
- Diabetes and heart disease management
- Healthy lifestyle and nutrition counseling
- Pre-operative evaluation
- Minor emergencies
- CDL exams
- Hospital care for adults, children and infants
Children and Teens
- Newborn care
- Well-child checkups
- School/behavioral issues
- Assessment of growth and development
- School, sports and camp physicals
- Gynecological services
- Obstetrical care
- Prenatal and post partum care
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Contraception management
Tests and Procedures
- Lab tests
- Pulmonary function tests
- Minor surgical procedures
- Hearing and vision screening
- Complex medical management
- Sports medicine evaluation
- Family Stress Clinic (Call 434.243.6868 for details)
We offer full medical services to people from many cultural backgrounds, including refugees and asylees, immigrants, individuals with temporary visas and anyone with limited English-speaking skills. We primarily serve individuals and families from the Charlottesville/Albemarle area and the surrounding counties.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Referrals to specialists
- Access to mental healthcare
- Help with financial aid and insurance
Our patients receive:
- Care for new or chronic illnesses
- Treatment for cuts, sprains and other injuries
- Pregnancy care and delivery of babies
- Care for babies and children
- Family planning information and services
- Preventive care and health maintenance services
- Employment physicals and treatment of worker’s compensation injuries
- School, camp and sports physicals
- Care for women including Pap smears and mammograms
- Nursing services such as dressing changes and blood pressure checks
- Specialized care for senior citizens
Call our office to make an appointment. To transfer your care, ask your current provider to fax your medical records.
Ask for prescription refills or renewals at the time of your visit. If you need renewals between visits, you can use MyChart. If you need to call us for a renewal or refill, we'll need the following information:
- Medical record number or date of birth
- Medication name and dose
- How often you take the medicine
- Supply needed (30 day, 90 day, etc.)
- Pharmacy name and phone number
Give us two business days to call in your prescription. Medications that need insurance pre-authorization may take longer.
You can view your results in MyChart. If you don't have MyChart access, you'll get your results by phone or mail.