Heart and Vascular CenterUniversity Hospital
1215 Lee St.
Charlottesville, VA 22903Directions
Monday - Friday | 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Cancellations require 24-hour notice.
Parking: Free with validation, using your green parking ticket when you register at your appointment. Use the Lee Street Parking Garage directly across the street from University Hospital and Emergency Department.
The Heart & Vascular Center offers convenient access to comprehensive cardiac care. Whether you're seeing us for routine testing or major surgery, your cardiologists, heart and vascular surgeons and entire care team are committed to providing you and your family with the highest quality of care.
Our Heart and Vascular Center clinics and services include:
- Atrial fibrillation center
- Cardiac catheterization lab
- Cardiovascular genetics
- Cardiovascular imaging and testing
- Cardiac valve center
- Device clinic
- Diagnostic vascular lab
- General cardiology
- Heart attack recovery
- Interventional cardiology
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Structural heart disease
- Vascular medicine clinic
- Vascular surgery
Atrial Fibrillation Center
Our services include:
- Catheter ablation
- Medical therapy
Learn more about treatment for atrial fibrillation.
Cardiac Valve Center
A national leader in minimally invasive treatments for heart valve conditions, we offer comprehensive care for a range of heart valve issues, including:
- Transcatheter valve replacement (TAVR)
- Percutaneous valve replacement
- Mitral valve treatment and repair
- Aortic valve treatment and repair
- Pulmonary valve treatment and repair
- Tricuspid valve disease
- Open heart surgery
Our care team is known for the development and implementation of a number of new and effective therapies for diseased cardiac valves.
Learn more about our cardiac valve services.
Cardiac Catheterization Lab
Using the latest in catheter-based technology, our doctors, nurses and technicians diagnose heart issues including:
- Coronary artery disease
- Structural heart disease
- Congenital heart disease
In many cases our cardiologists will treat a heart circulation problem with an on-the-spot angioplasty, allowing you to avoid returning for a second procedure. We see patients of all ages, including newborns.
Pulmonary Hypertension Clinic
Tuesday | 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Friday | 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
We offer a full range of treatments and diagnoses related to the management of pulmonary hypertension. We are one of the few clinics in Virginia offering treatment with oral, inhalation and intravenous therapies for disease management.
Heart Attack Recovery Clinic
Our heart attack patients are scheduled for a follow-up appointment at the Heart Attack Recovery Clinic one week after being discharged from the hospital. You'll meet with a cardiologist, exercise physiologist, pharmacist and dietitian who will educate you on the steps to recovery.
Vascular Medicine Clinic
Tuesday | 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday | 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Friday | 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (on the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month)
The only one of its kind in Central Virginia centered around a collaboration between cardiology, vascular surgery and interventional radiology, we focus on the management of known or suspected vascular disorders, including:
- Hypertension (HTN)
- Fibro Muscular Dysplasia (FMD)
- Clotting and coagulation disorders
- Upper and lower limb ischemia
- Arterial aneurysms
- Post-invasive vascular interventions
- Raynaud's Phenomenon
- Ehlers-Danlos and other connective tissue disorders
- Carotid stenosis
- Vein disorders
- Vasculitis and genetic predisposing factors
Our doctors have the expertise that comes with performing more than 900 vascular procedures a year. We're also experts in the latest minimally invasive techniques for treatment of aneurysms.
We offer compassionate care and treatments for a range of arterial and aortic diseases, compression disorders and aneurysms, including:
- Angioplasty/stenting of peripheral, carotid, mesenteric, and renal arteries
- Aortic stenting
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Complex venous reconstruction
- Endovascular aortic aneurism repair
- Endovenous laser ablation therapy
- Hemodialysis access
- Ligation and stripping of varicose veins
- Lower extremity bypass grafts
- Microphlebectomy of secondary veins
- Repair of blocked or torn arteries
- Surgical aortic repair
- Thrombolysis and thrombectomy