Heart and Vascular Center FontaineUVA Fontaine Research Park Building 500
500 Ray C. Hunt Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22903Directions
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Parking: Free for patients and visitors.
Shuttle service: Runs every 30 minutes, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Find shuttle stop locations.
The Heart and Vascular Center offers convenient access to comprehensive cardiac care. You can find the following services at UVA Heart and Vascular Center Fontaine:
- Device clinic
- Diabetes cardiology clinic
- Diabetes/endocrine clinic
- General cardiology
- Health and wellness
- Heart failure treatment
- Medication optimization
- Nuclear cardiology and stress lab
- Preventative cardiology
- Pulmonary function testing
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Vascular lab
You can find more services at the Heart and Vascular Center University Hospital location.
Nuclear Cardiology and Stress Lab
Location Hours: Monday - Friday | 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
We offer tests that help you and your doctor see a more complete picture of the health of your heart. These usually involve monitoring your heart during a period of exercise.
Our tests and procedures include:
- Myocardial perfusion SPECT imaging
- Pharmacologic stress testing
- Exercise stress testing
- Cardiac PET
Our experienced physicians use cutting edge solid-state imaging technology to reduce time and radiation exposure.
We provide cardiovascular diagnostic tests, including:
- Transthoracic echocardiograms (TTE)
- Stress echocardiography
- Exercise/treadmill/bicycle stress tests
- Pharmacologic stress tests
- Hemodynamic stress tests
- Transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE)
Read more about our heart imaging tests.
We evaluate and treat electrical disorders of the heart including fast and slow heart rhythms, palpitations, syncope (passing out) and risk of sudden cardiac death.
Our services include:
- Catheter ablation
- Implantable cardiac defibrillator (ICDs)
- Implantable heart monitors
- Medical therapy
- Management of pacemakers and defibrillators
- Heart Failure device therapy including cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) and ICDs
- Evaluation of inherited arrhythmia syndromes and genetic testing
Our care team includes:
- Specially trained cardiologists (called electrophysiologists)
- Research coordinators
- Operating staff