Pediatric Neurology and Epilepsy Clinic
Monday - Friday | 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Parking: Free for patients and visitors.
We treat children and teens with epilepsy, as well as disorders such as autism, attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD) and seizures.
We provide guidance and education through adolescent development, including medication adherence, driving, participation in sports and reproductive issues. We can help with the transition from pediatric to adult-based healthcare.
Learn more about our pediatric neurology services.
- Neurological evaluations
- Adolescent-specific education materials
- Psychological assessments with a neuropsychologist
- A team approach to care, featuring:
- Epileptologists (neurologists with extra training in epilepsy)
- Nurses with specialty training in epilepsy
- A social worker who can coordinate vocational concerns
- A school teacher who can serve as a liaison to your local school district
- A registered dietitian to assess nutrition and diet needs
Your First Visit:
When you see us for the first time, we'll conduct a detailed initial evaluation, including a complete neurological examination.
Other tests may include:
- Imaging Tests
- SPECT scan
- PET scan
Epilepsy Diet Program
Our epilepsy diet program offers a range of diet treatment options for children and adults with difficult-to-treat epilepsies, including:
- Ketogenic diet
- Modified Atkins diet
- Low glycemic index diet
Our dietary treatment team meets weekly and includes an adult and pediatric epileptologist, nutritionist, pharmacist and nursing staff.
When surgery is the best option, we offer a full epilepsy surgery program with epileptologists, neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists and neuropsychologists.
Additional resources are available through the Epilepsy Foundation of Virginia, which is located in our epilepsy clinic.
Learn more about our pediatric epilepsy services.