Radiology and Medical ImagingUniversity Hospital
1215 Lee St.
Charlottesville, VA 22903Directions
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Parking: Free for patients and visitors.
Park in the Lee Street Parking Garage, across from Emergency Department.
Radiology and Medical Imaging provides:
- MRI exams
- CT scans
- Bone density tests
- Pain management therapy
Note: You must have a referral from a doctor to make an appointment. We’ll work with your doctor to get you the care you need.
Learn more about the types of imaging services we offer.
We also provide interventional radiology services at this location, including consultations, initial visits, and follow-up visits.
These advanced techniques involve only a small incision and advanced technologies to treat:
- Arterial disease (renal artery, and peripheral artery disease)
- Liver tumors or liver metastases
- Benign prostate hyperplasia and varicocele
- Thyroid nodules
- Uterine fibroids
- Ulcers, leg swelling, varicose veins, DVT
Where to Go for IR Procedures
We perform all interventional radiology procedures on the second floor of the South Tower. On the day of your procedure, enter the Emergency Department through the main hospital entrance. Greeters will help you find the elevators to the second floor and the interventional radiology waiting room.
Refer a Patient
See the full list of services, and make a referral for interventional radiology.
You can also find interventional neuroradiology services and technologies at this location, including:
- Minimally invasive treatment of aneurysms, stroke or vascular malformations
- The option to combine traditional surgery and endovascular techniques
- A hybrid neurovascular operating room
- Intraoperative MRI - real-time scans during surgery
Learn more about our interventional neuroradiology services.