UVA Specialty Pharmacy
1725 Discovery Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22911Directions
Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
This pharmacy does not allow walk-ins.
The Specialty Pharmacy fills prescriptions for complex medical conditions that require special storage, handling, and delivery that most retail pharmacies aren't equipped to handle.
Our team offers many services, including:
- Help with issues with insurance and affording your medications
- Arranging shipping and delivery of your medications
- Teaching you how to take your medications correctly
- Creating a treatment program tailored to your condition and individual needs
How to Request Prescriptions Through MyChart
No need to call! You can request refills from UVA Specialty Pharmacy through MyChart.
- Click “Menu” on the top left
- Click on “Medications”
- Click on the Green button “Click here to request refills”
- Select all boxes on the right side next to all of the medications needed
- Click on the green “Next” button at the bottom
- YOU MUST SELECT: “DELIVER BY MAIL”, listed under “Delivery Method”
- Select “Home address” and add any additional Delivery Comments, such as, “Please place at front door”
- Click submit
- Review your refill request and click submit to send to the pharmacy
- You'll receive a confirmation that your refill has been submitted
Call if you have any questions or need assistance to order prescriptions online.
You can also request to be enrolled in “automatic refills” in the delivery comment section or by phone. We can automatically ship your maintenance medications to the Home Address on file. The cost of your medications will be placed on your UVA Charge Account which can be paid through MyChart, otherwise you will receive a bill mailed to you from the UVA Patient Friendly Billing Department.
We cannot add the following types of orders to automatic refill:
- Controlled substances
- Medicare part B
- New patient who has not used UVA Specialty Pharmacy previously
- Patient we has not filled a prescription at this location in over 2 years
If your automatic refill is a refrigerated item, we will call you or send you a My Chart message to notify you of the shipping date. If this date does not work, please call us.
It is the patient’s responsibility to notify our team of any address, insurance or medication therapy changes. Notify us immediately by phone if you will not be home when your next shipment is scheduled to arrive.