University Medical Associates
1222 Jefferson Park Ave.
Charlottesville, VA 22903Directions
- Monday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Lab hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Parking: Free with validation, using your parking ticket when you register at your appointment. Use the 11th Street Parking Garage.
Shuttle service: Runs every 30 minutes, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. Find shuttle stop locations.
Drop-off locations: Patients can be dropped off in front of the West Complex off Jefferson Park Avenue and on Hospital Drive.
University Medical Associates (UMA) offers personalized primary care services, including preventive healthcare and treatment for a broad range of health problems. We care for adults and young adults, as well as geriatric patients. Our goal is to provide you with quality service in an efficient and caring manner.
- General Healthcare
- Checkups, medical exams and adult physicals
- Care of illnesses and minor injuries
- Care of chronic health problems
- Medication management
- Diabetes and heart disease management
- Pre-operative evaluation
- Healthy lifestyle counseling
- Women's Health
- Gynecological exams (Friday mornings)
- Tests and Procedures
- Lab tests
- Other Services
- Treatment of complex medical problems
- Pulmonary and sleep assessment
Our team includes doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, respiratory therapists and social workers to give you a complete healthcare experience.
Our providers are highly skilled in the diagnosis, treatment and management of a wide variety of illnesses. They're also trained to recognize when a medical problem requires the expertise of one of UVA's many specialists.
We're a teaching practice. This means you'll probably have two doctors: a resident (a fully licensed doctor who's training to become certified in adult internal medicine) and a board-certified attending doctor.
During your visit, you may be seen first by the resident, who will be joined by the supervising attending doctor. They'll work together to provide you with the best medical care.
Learn more about our primary care services.
Call us and choose Option 1 to make an appointment. Be sure to let the scheduler know that you're a new patient.
Call us and choose Option 3 for medication refills. You'll need the following information:
- Medical record number or date of birth
- Medication name and dose
- How often you take the medicine
- Supply needed (30 day, 90 day, etc.)
- Pharmacy name and phone number
Give us two business days to call in your prescription.
Lab and Test Results
You can view your results in MyChart. If you don't have MyChart access, you'll get your results by phone or mail.